Hello and thanks for dropping by, it’s nice to see you I presume, because you clicked on the about me link, that you might be interested in knowing a little more about me. Well here’s the Cliff Notes version (or the Coles Notes version if you’re in Canada) about myself.
I am a 52 year old single (16 years and loving it) male who lives in the great city of Montreal, Quebec, Canada. I have been “practicing” simple living ever since I “retired” at the age of 32 (read my story). Although for the longest time, I did not know that I was living a simple lifestyle, I was just living how I wanted to, on my own terms and for me. I later found out, through the last few minutes of a PBS television show, that my choice of lifestyle was categorized under the Voluntary Simplicity umbrella, which now includes minimalist lifestyle, Simple Life design and other relative buzz words. And while I enjoy living a simple life, I am far from a minimalist as you can get, although I do like the idea at times and enjoy the many blogs dedicated to that particular lifestyle.
Being a simple lifestyle enthusiast, I try and practice what I preach. Here’s a short list of who I am:
- a very proud father-figure/mentor (over 14 years) to a now 25 year old young man
- a brother
- a friend to many
- a bachelor (happily so)
- a self-employed Montreal guitar teacher to wonderful kids big and small
- a (sometimes) working musician
- a web-designer
- a computer-fixer
- an arm-chair sociologist (I have a BA and an MA in that particular discipline)
- a jazz guitar lover (I created a very popular jazz guitar online magazine on the subject)
- an internet lover and (now) simple living blogger
- content (as in happy, satisfied, fulfilled…yada, yada, yada…you get the picture)
Here’s a shorter list of what I am not:
- wealthy (I make less than $15,000.00 a year)
- consumed with buying things
- a workaholic (far, far from it)
- thin (working on that)
Ok…so that was a longer list than I anticipated and I could continue, but I think you get the idea. Simple living allows me the freedom to be me, regardless of what others think or expect of me, and I am so grateful that I can live my life the way I want to. If you’re thinking about moving in that direction, I would highly recommend it!!
Well, there ya have it, me in a nutshell. If you have any questions and/or comments, please don’t be shy, I love hearing from anyone who cares to say “hello” Peace out!