My dear cyber friend Hayley, over at Disease Called Debt, has graciously nominated me for a Versatile Blogger Award! Normally, I tend to ignore such nominations, but since it was Hayley who nominated me, I feel honored and will accept
Now, in case one is not aware of the rules, I will post them here (source):
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So, first off…Thank you Hayley for nominating me. I truly appreciate your support, encouragement and online friendship!
After I posted 15 weird things about me last week, I am not sure anyone wants to know more!! But, just in case, here’s 7 things about myself that you may not know.
1 – I have only had three years of grade school and one year of high school, but still managed to get into University as an undergraduate and graduate in the field of Sociology. Long story which I may one day recount as a post on how to get past one’s “failings” when most are against you!
2 – Like Hayley, I am deathly afraid of spiders – regardless of how small or how big they are – and while I feel very bad about killing them, if they are in my home, I feel quite compelled to do so.
3 – While I am not religious, I say a prayer that I have made up every night, just on the off-chance that there is a God and a heavenly kingdom!
4 – I much prefer tea over coffee.
5 – I have attempted online dating twice and as a consequence, received my first – and last – “Dear John” email from who a woman who began the email with “I love everything about you…but we have nothing in common so bye!” I’m paraphrasing – slightly! And this, after two weeks of spending an hour or so on the phone talking about all the things we have in common!! Go figure
6 – I think the 1970′s was the greatest decade ever and if I could go back in time to relive those years, I would in a heartbeat!
7 – I’ve recently started getting back in drawing and digital photography – hence the above photo
Well, there ya have it folks. I will now nominate a few bloggers “who bring something special to [my] life whether every day or only now and then.”
- Laurie over at The Frugal Farmer
- Stefanie over at The Broke And Beautiful Life
- Alexa over at Single Moms Income
- Annie over at Annienygma
- Joy over at Joyfully Green
- Jayleen over at How Do The Jones Do It
- Dale over at A Delectable Life
- Kathy over at Smart Living 365
I’m gonna stop there ’cause there are a bunch more that I could add, but I have to skedaddle!
If there’s a blog you feel strongly about, let me know in the comment section below!
OH…and I’m now on Facebook if ya wanna be friends. You can friend me athttps://www.facebook.com/lyle.robinson.528 Yes, I see the irony in that statement!!
Oh oh…can I ask one more favor please…I am trying to gain more “likes” for my The Joy of Simple Facebook page. if you wouldn’t mind, could ya pop over to https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Joy-Of-Simple/550286035018295?ref=hl and like my page pleeeeezzzzzzzeee! Thank you
Take care and all the best.