Hello and I hope you are all well.
Wow…time flies! I’ve been trying to find the time to get a post up but my time management skills seem to suck these days. I’ve been keeping busy with a couple of new music projects and a home-business project that – so far – seems to be doing ok. I’ll be speaking more about that in an upcoming post, but for now, I wanted to write about the fact that The Joy of Simple is now 2 years old!! How cool is that!!
Thank you to all who read The Joy of Simple and who have participated on it by commenting and/or communicating via email…along with the occasional phone call Your support and encouragement is greatly appreciated and it’s been a joy getting to know you all through your comments and blogs and I look forward to the coming months and years ahead.
And now – with a slight nod to David Letterman – here are my Top Ten Reasons For Living A Simple Life (in no particular order)!
- Enjoying life with way less stress
- Being able to take back your time to spend it as you see fit
- Being there for friends and family when a sudden need arises and there’s no one who can take the time to help
- Finding Gratitude in the biggest and – more importantly – in the smallest of experiences
- Learning to live contentedly with as little as you need or as much as you need
- Becoming more aware of your surroundings/community
- Realizing – through personal reflection – your authentic self
- Living life with greater intention
- Not feeling “left out” because you haven’t latched onto the latest commercial trend
- Being able to make choices based on your own needs and not ones that have been marketed towards your demographic
Now of course there are way more reasons than the ten listed above and I’m sure you could all triple or quadruple this list easily, in fact, if you would like to add your own reasons down below in the comments section, that would be awesome
So…if you’ve been on the fence about living a more simple life, or you’re looking to step back a bit from the hectic whirlwind of life we sometimes find ourselves tossed into through no fault of our own, consider embracing a simpler lifestyle and hopefully you’ll soon have your own top ten list of simple life reasons.
2nd Anniversary GIVE AWAY:
As it is The Joy of Simple’s two year anniversary, I’d like to offer two readers a thank you gift in the form of a signed photograph from my Etsy shop. Simply comment below and I’ll randomly pick two commenters to send an 8 x 10 print to.
Once again, thank you all for being an important part of The Joy of Simple. Your encouragement, support and friendship is truly appreciated!
Take care and all the best.
As usual, I’d love to read your thoughts on this topic so please, keep the conversation flowing by adding a comment below.
OH…and I’m now on Facebook if ya wanna be friends. You can friend me at https://www.facebook.com/lyle.robinson.528
Oh oh…can I ask one more favor please…I am trying to gain more “likes” for my The Joy of Simple Facebook page. if you wouldn’t mind, could ya pop over to https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Joy-Of-Simple/550286035018295?ref=hl and like my page pleeeeezzzzzzzeee! Thank you
Take care and all the best.
ps: Looking for some fine art photographs to adorn your walls? Then please feel free to check out my Etsy shop @ https://www.etsy.com/shop/PhotographyByLyle
Comment Winners: Congrats to Jen and Carol for being randomly chosen to win a print of their choice from my Etsy Fine Art Photography Shop Emails forthcoming!! Thanks to all who commented and there will be more give-aways around the cornerby